honey

It was time to turn from winter projects to welcome spring.DSCN7205DSCN7211

A cheerful polka dot binding was just the right finishing touch for this patchwork.  Into the wash, the dryer and onto the bed!  I slept under it last night and dreamed of crimson tulips.DSCN7219The new DS fabrics were on display at the local fabric store and they asked politely, so I let them come home with me.DSCN7220DSCN7221DSCN7216My Sunday Morning top was finished and sandwiched together on Friday night.  I was pretty excited – so much so that I went ahead and started quilting.  And I quilted.  And the hour grew late.DSCN7218The following morning’s light revealed that I had done some significant wandering in my late night machine quilting.  As a result, the seam ripper and I spent many hours together.  Many many hours!DSCN7208DSCN7224My poor dog – he finally brought me his favorite toy.  He and I and ‘Bart’ took a nice long break and went outdoors to enjoy the warm air.  Harley had a good grooming and lots of romping.  And I cooked chicken livers for him before I marched back upstairs to the sewing room.DSCN7227DSCN7226DSCN7225This ‘Sweet As Honey’ line is ridiculously gorgeous.  A banner for the living room will be nice.  I cannot imagine that anything fashioned from this could be less than fantastic.  I admit to a tiny bit of experimentation ..DSCN7230I have to stop now in order to get the brisket in the pot.  There are soda breads waiting to be baked.  We are having a traditional Irish dinner, cabbage, potatoes and carrots included (maybe a parsnip of two).  Happy St Patrick’s Day to all who celebrate.

Advertisements

About jody

mother of two amazing individuals, daughter, sister, artist, partner - devoted to knitting, quilting, gardening,writing,painting, reading, sewing, longing to live by the sea
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to honey

1. Hi Jody, wow! You sure have accomplished a lot, and the quilt is beautiful. I love the squares too especially the one with the little bird and the other with the girl in the scarf, how delightful! Harley is adorable… as always. I just absolutely love his cute pink nose. Goldens sure have a way of letting you know they need a little attention! Barkley used to put his head under my arm and just push my fingers off the key pad of the computer, or take his ball and push it into my leg until I took notice. What sweet memories. I am knitting a pair of socks this weekend. They are made with thicker wool because my friend wanted a pair that was more like the old fashioned slipper socks that her mother used to make her. It is a self striping yarn in shades of blue and sea green. I tell you Jody, after all these years I still feel a sense of wonder every time I pick up my needles, and knit a beautiful skien of yarn, happily anticipating what the next color is going to be! It never gets old. 🙂 Your enthusiasm is absolutely contagious. I hope you have a wonderful Sunday night and have happy quilting! With Love, Delisa 🙂

• jody says:

Oh Delisa, I hope that you and Tony think about adding another ‘pink nose’ to your lives – when you are ready. Barkley was a handsome boy – and I know that you loved him beyond expression. Having a big dog is so much work, but they are soooo worth the time and effort. I know that you deal with a lot of discomfort and perhaps it is hard to imagine a puppy, but I really encourage you to consider this. We both know how they expand our lives.
      I have to echo what you say about knitting – it never grows old, does it? I am working on a little sweater in a ballet pink from a scottish knitter. She is teaching me things that I needed to know!
      Take good care of yourself- much love to you-
      Jody

2. pratima says:

Jody, I am deeply touched by your sweetest comments and encouragement on my quilts. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit, I wish I had a way to reply to you directly 😉

I have to tell you, I feel a rush of excitement and inspiration whenever I read your posts and eagerly wait for the next time. Your work is just as beautiful as your way with words. Sorry about the unpicking you had to do on the quilting, it is definitely the most frustrating part and I can’t imagine doing it for hours! Love your new stash additions and blocks that you have already started to make with them. Happy stitching!!

• jody says:

I feel the same way Pratima -I check your blog every day to see what you are up to!!!! And this completed linen piece is just fantastic in every way! I KNEW that it would be, from the very start! I have to admit that I am computer illiterate and need to work on that. My email is jomellenthin@vassar.edu and I am ALWAYS thrilled to hear from you! Thank you for your sweet encouragement and let me say – QUILT ON! You have so much talent and I am so happy that you share it with the blogging world.
      xox

• pratima says:

Thank you sooooo much, Jody.. that is really very kind of you! I am grateful that you feel that way about my work. I am so happy to have crossed paths with you and get to read your thoughts and musings and follow your lovely work 🙂
        Oh, by the way, I loved your tip about closing my eyes and pulling the quilt over whenever I feel hungry! Yup, I needed to know that. Also a big thanks for sharing the email. I will save it to my folder.

• jody says:

Pratima – the feelings are entirely mutual! I really happily anticipate your next creation! Is is snowing where you are?

3. Penny says:

gorgeous quilt Jody! Love that polka binding!!!!

4. Loretta says:

This quilt is so lovely! I am so awed by your energy to make the top and quilt it so quickly. I wish I could get myself together to sew, it has been so long and I have so many beautiful fabrics. I would like to give Harley a kiss on the nose. What a cutie pie!

• jody says:

Oh Loretta – we have been thinking of you and your ‘procedure’ – hope it went well (so distressing!!!) Harley would love a kiss from you, a confirmed dog lover!