wishes

DSCN7258Standing back from the wall and squinting … I thought, “Lally would like this combo.” I remember her early quilts- great bursts of color, indicative of a life lived with joy and fullness and delight on so many levels.  I need an infusion of her spirit right now.  I’ll have it through an I.V. thank you very much.  Hurry up!

Gray describes the weather and my spirits.  Lunch with mom down by the water – a river spilling and frothing over the pilings – cold, heartless and menacing.  How to comfort an eighty five year old matriarch who is not looking for comfort?  Food is a start.  Sitting quietly in her front room and listening is another.  I am worn out.DSCN7256‘If wishes were horses, beggars would ride’ – do you know that phrase?  My father was fond of it.  Here is my wish: that my family would become more of the self-healing type (like rotary cutting mats) and that we could all tumble into a caravan and take off for the ocean!  Lobster rolls all around! A life lived by the sea.DSCN7257Of course, I’d be in the front of the convoy – chugging along in my little Airstream.  There would be a dreamy wide bed to the rear, covered in white eiderdown, linen and many pillows.  Harley would have a good bed and a hooked rug and treats galore.  A little beaded lamp, a turquoise vintage refrigerator, a radio, my books and quilts, coffee maker and cherry covered curtains.

Excuse me, I need to go and buy a lottery ticket!

Advertisements

About jody

mother of two amazing individuals, daughter, sister, artist, partner - devoted to knitting, quilting, gardening,writing,painting, reading, sewing, longing to live by the sea
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to wishes

1. lori says:

your fabric choices and color combinations are gorgeous!

2. lori says:

Hello again and thanks for visiting. Yes, I plan to sell my prints. As soon as I get my shop up and running I will let you know. Should be within a couple months. Thanks for asking!

3. suz says:

ah you gave me a chuckle
    Can I ride along…..I’m a good dreamer
    and I get along with everyone…except for those I don’t

4. Katherine says:

Gorgeous blocks!
    Count me in. Let me toss in some fabric and my Featherweight and lets hit the road. Sounds like exactly what I need.

• jody says:

Isn’t i funny Katherine – how women have that wanderlust – but we NEED our machines and lots fabric to go with us!!!! No small wonder that the west was won – there were women along, traveling in the stagecoaches and they had their STUFF!!!! xox

• Katherine says:

LOL… you said it! :o) I find that travel inspires me, so I look forward to any trip, knowing full well my creative mind will be bursting with ideas that my hands ‘have to’ make.

5. Hi Jody, I know just what you mean, sometimes I wish I had my own little turquoise trailer! 🙂 I would love to join your caravan! 🙂 Have you ever seen the magazine Mary Jane’s Farm? She has a book I think you would really enjoy about what she calls “Glamping” living it up in little trailers with style. She is a pretty amazing person. She was one of the first women park rangers, living alone and working in a great wilderness area in Idaho. She is also a carpenter and later purchased her own farm. Her story is very interesting and empowering. She published one of my short stories in her magazine back in 2010, which was pretty exciting. I think my squeals could be heard clear up to Atlanta, when I found out. 🙂 Your projects are so beautiful Jody, you are so productive and each piece is so unique. You don’t know how much you inspire me. I am working now on a sock display for our county fair in October. My fingers are moving so slow these days with the fibromyalgia, I thought I better get an early start. I have this idea of making a line of socks all in jewel tone colors, with beads to match. I am working on the “emerald” pair right now. They are toe-ups and top of the sock is done in a mosaic pattern. I am working the beads into the design. I’ll post some pictures when I’m done. I hope you have a lovely afternoon ahead my friend! Happy quilting, knitting and everything! With Love, Delisa 😉