little pink houses

DSCN8322Last fall I joined a modern block party over at Threadbias.  My ‘Hive’ members are an awesome group of quilters – gigantic talent, huge hearts.  When it was my turn to select a block I mentioned that I had originally hoped for improv pink houses.  I decided that, since I was unfamiliar with the groups’ skill set, to abandon that for something more traditional.  Did that stop my Hive?  Oh no, not in the least.  Not only did they piece my traditional blocks, many sent PINK HOUSES as well!DSCN8334DSCN8333DSCN8332DSCN8330DSCN8329DSCN8328DSCN8327DSCN8326DSCN8325DSCN8324DSCN8323The pleasant task ahead – how to bring my pink neighborhood together in a way that allows each block to shine!  (please forgive blurry or dark photos – haven’t seen much of the sun this week!)

Advertisements

About jody

mother of two amazing individuals, daughter, sister, artist, partner - devoted to knitting, quilting, gardening,writing,painting, reading, sewing, longing to live by the sea
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to little pink houses

1. mariajhmom says:

Darling!!!!! What a fun project.

2. Tracy says:

Oh my goodness! What an amazing quilt that will make!!!

3. A great group – and seemingly a great way to flame the creative fires! If you come to Savannah, I promise to take you to dine at The Pink House – it’s heaven!

4. Kelly says:

Can’t wait to see how you put these together! I wish I had the talent for designing. If I see it, I can make it, but my brain is not good at creating it from scratch

5. pratima says:

Rows of pink houses, what a delight to the eyes! Each house so unique with so many lovely details, can’t wait to see them together in a cozy neighborhood!

6. Lisa says:

just found your blog today and this quilt is the cutest I’ve ever seen- you are lucky to have such fabulous friends!!!!!

7. Bertie says:

Hi blogger, i found this post on 23 spot in google’s search results.
    You should reduce your bounce rate in order to rank in google.
    This is major ranking factor nowadays. There is very
    useful wp plugin which can help you. Just search in google for:

Sisonum’s Bounce Plugin