He was my heart

IMG_0104I know what a broken heart feels like. Goodbye my wonderful friend and companion.  You made these last ten years a joy with your affection and bravery and devotion.  You slept beside my bed every single night – you made me feel safe.  I hope that I took as good of care of you as you have for me.  I will never forget you.

DSCN9121DSCN8772DSCN8351DSCN7444

Advertisements

About jody

mother of two amazing individuals, daughter, sister, artist, partner - devoted to knitting, quilting, gardening,writing,painting, reading, sewing, longing to live by the sea
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to He was my heart

1. I miss him already too. He has been so much of your story over the years and no new little pup will ever have the elegance that he had.

2. Jayne says:

A grand golden boy with a gleeful countenance.
    What a fabulous home you gave him amongst apple trees. Never was a golden better loved, and he gave that in return two fold and more! Run free Harley and give my little Lola a big lick. She left me too early and I’ll never forget her, nor will Harley ever be forgotten.

3. Colleen says:

I’m so sorry for your loss, Jody. I am certain that Harley was loved and he knew it. It is true that dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.

4. Kelly says:

Oh Jody, I cried with you. I’m so sorry for your loss. Nothing can replace the hole in your heart, but I hope you can find some comfort in knowing that he had the best life he could have possibly had because of you. I pray that the pain of loss will be softened by the many wonderful memories you had together.

Kelly

5. Bea says:

I’m so sorry, jody. My heart is breaking for you. I’m certain you gave him a wonderful life and he knew exactly how much you loved him.

6. Angie says:

My heart breaks for you. It is so hard learning to live without them.

7. schwamu says:

Oh, Jody. What a wonderful friendship you were blessed with. All of my love for you.

8. Jody – All of my best during this difficult time. My heart is breaking for you. I recall the pain of beloved pet loss all too well. I hope you are doing okay, and that Tula is helping keep you company through this difficult time!!! I so wish I had gotten to meet such a special pup. ❤

9. jody says:

Thank you to my friends who left a comment – they meant the world to me! Each day brings a little bit more acceptance and peace, but that boy will live in my heart forever! I know that I’ve been blessed.

10. Carla says:

Sorry for you Jody. I know this loss too.
    I’ve just found your blog. Had a terrible time trying to reply to your comment as you have no e-mail addy on your google profile : (

11. Loretta Marvel says:

Deer Jody, I haven’t been on the blogs too much lately and I am just reading about Harley. He was a fine, sweet, lovely dog. I am sure you miss him so much. His face is just precious. Your new babies are adorable. Love to you all!

• jody says:

I’ve missed you Loretta! And yes, I miss my boy every single day. The ‘littles’ keep me smiling though – they are so very different in temperament than my dear gentle boy. I hope you are well and that you had beach time this summer! And, of course, I hope you are making time for your art. Many hugs to you.